Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Prep Video 2: Using Gesso & Primary Stamping

So in these pictures I take you through the 2nd half of the project. Please take note to the pictures as this will guide you through the first half of creating a gorgeous, double-stamped image (hope that makes sense!) that will knock your socks off! I'm going to let the rest of the pictures do the talking for me...Shall we........
 
Prep 2: Here I apply Gesso to both sides of my 3
tiles, taking care to do this 2x's to make sure I
have even coverage. And although it's not 
shown, I do use my heat gun
to evenly dry both sides....very important! 

 Here I used my Jet Black StazOn Ink with my Hero Arts
Manuscript Stamp. That provided me with a clean,
crisp image transfer with no chance of the ink budging
on the Gesso or fading in any way...VERY IMPORTANT!


 This is where we repeat step one...start to re-apply one more
coat of Gesso, but lightly...don't cover up your image! Then
gently wipe it off with some tissue paper/paper towel.
Remember...we still want that script image to show. Again...
use your heat gun to help your drying time.
ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?!?!



STAY TUNED FOR PREP VIDEO 3 GIRLS!
That's when we add our color of choice....Ooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment